Wines From Acorn Winery / Alegria Vineyards
<< View all Zinfandels from this Winery
||Heritage Vines Zinfandel
||Russian River Valley (AVA)
|Suggested Retail Price:
Bill Nachbaur & Alison Doran
|Winemaker Tasting Notes:
Field blend of 78% Zinfandel, 10% Alicante Bouschet, 10% Petit Sirah. The remaining 2% of the field blend includes Carignane, Trousseau, Sangiovese, Petit Bouschet, Negrette, and Syrah. Delicious, balanced, layered flavors, and mouthfeel.
12040 Old Redwood Highway
Healdsburg, CA 95448
ZAP Member Since: 1998
Winery Founded: 1996
Winery Location Region: Northern Sonoma
Winery Open for Tasting: By Appt. Only
Winery Charges for Tasting: Yes; $5.00
* Visa Signature card holders and ZAP members (who present their ZAP card) get free tasting and purchase discounts. Tasting fee waived with case purchase.
Retail Sales at Winery: By Appt. Only
Offers Online Sales: Yes
* Must go to website (www.acornwinery.com), and download and send in (fax or email) order form.
Has a Wine Club: Yes
* Alegría Case Buyers’ Club
When we bought our vineyard in 1990, Bill named it Alegría, which means happiness and joy. It made him joyful and happy to work among the old vines and to plan and plant the new blocks, while anticipating the pleasure wine from this special place would give. To spread more alegría among friends of Acorn wines, so we have launched the Alegría Case Buyers’ Club.
Alegría Case Buyers’ Club membership is our way of saying thank you to our most enthusiastic Acorn Winery fans by giving them an extra discount on their case purchases.
Here is how you become a member :
Purchase two whole or mixed cases of Acorn wine during a calendar year (in 12 or more bottle increments), and you will automatically become a member of our Alegría Case Buyers’ Club for the rest of that year and the next. You will begin receiving your Alegria discount with your third case purchase.
Members receive the 20% club discount on their full or mixed case purchases. Since the 20% discount is applied to the full retail price, if we’ve discounted a wine for the general public by less than 20%, members get 20% off. But if we’ve discounted it by 20% to the general public, members will get an extra 5%, (that means you'll get a 25% discount on futures).
The Alegría Case Buyers’ Club rewards include:
• You select the wines you want, when you want, and receive the member discount on your purchases. No automatic shipments!
• You have first access to special offers of library wines,
• Your continuing membership is automatic with only two cases purchased yearly,
• You’re more likely to have your favorite Acorn wines on hand, and...
• You will enjoy Members-Only tasting events at Acorn Winery.
Remember, after you have become a member, you will automatically retain your Alegría Case Buyers’ Club membership and its rewards by purchasing two cases of Acorn wines annually at your 20% discount price.
We’ll keep track of your purchases and you’ll reap the alegría of membership.
Offers Winery Tours: By Appt. Only
Offers Vineyard Tours: By Appt. Only
Food Available at Winery: No
Has a Picnic Area: Yes
* Tables and chairs on patio just outside the tasting room.
Offers a Meet the Winemaker Tour: By Appt. Only
* Bill or Betsy will host your tasting.