Our small, family-owned ranch on the western Rutherford benchland of California’s Napa Valley produces organically certified Zinfandel, Cabernet, Petite Sirah, and Petit Verdot grapes, olives, Meyer lemons, and exotic pomegranate cultivars. Tres Sabores: the “Three Flavors” in any wine: those of the Terroir, the Artisan, and the Varietal. We’ve made single-vineyard wines since 1999.
Single vineyard bottlings of Zinfandel are wonderful vehicles for exploring one’s passion for taste and complexity in a wine. Zin is delightfully impressionable and takes up the contributions of terroir and artisan in a particularly refreshing way. Zinfandel is a discovery grape and gets the Darwin award for adapting to its particular terroir and thriving on it. It has the capacity to produce fresh, berry-forward, spicy wines of great character. At Tres Sabores, as stewards of the land, we’re devoted to exploring the character of the grapes we grow and producing wines that truly reflect the “voice” of the vineyard. Goats, Sheep, Guinea Hens, Golden Retrievers, Bobcats, Red-Tailed Hawks, Bluebirds, swallows and a host of other denizens contribute mightily to our efforts.
We’d love to welcome you to the winery! Julie Johnson & family
Julie Johnson Owner, winemaker, grower
Jon Engelskirger Consulting winemaker
Cyndy Whitmore Office manager
Miguel Garcia Cellar Associate
Arturo Soriano Vineyard & Property Supervisor
Miguel Garcia Cellar and Vineyard associate
Special Offers for ZAP Members
Tasting Discount: $10 or 50%
* As above
Offers ZAP Members Invitations
to Wine Club or Special Events
* If you would like to be contacted about special events that Tres Sabores is participating in, please contact us:
1620 S Whitehall Lane
St Helena, CA 94574
ZAP Member Since: 2001
Winery Founded: 1999
Winery Location Region: Napa Valley
Cases Produced: 3,000
Winery Open for Tasting: By Appt. Only
Winery Charges for Tasting: Yes; $20
* ZAP members presenting their membership card receive a 50% discount on the tasting fee for themselves and one companion and may picnic at the vineyard
Retail Sales at Winery: By Appt. Only
Offers Online Sales: Yes
* Are you interested in purchasing Tres Sabores? Terrific! Please go to our website for details or call us directly at 707-967-8027. Thank you!
Has a Wine Club: Yes
* The Tres Sabores Wine Society: "SABOR" is going strong. We welcome your membership! Three tiers are available for subscription, the wine is sent in four equal shipments: Terroir (total of 1 case/year), Varietal (total of 2 cases/year), Artisan (total of 4 cases/year). Members are invited to special events at the winery and receive a discount on wine purchases and on most out-of-winery events. Please contact us or visit the website for details.
Offers Winery Tours: By Appt. Only
Offers Vineyard Tours: By Appt. Only
Food Available at Winery: Yes
* We offer tastings of our Fire-Roasted Zinfandel Marinade and Grilling glaze and tastings of our CCOF estate Olive Oil (as available seasonally)
Has a Picnic Area: Yes
* ZAP members are invited to bring a picnic lunch and enjoy their tasting under our centuries-old olive trees at vineyard-side. We are off the beaten path and known not only for our panoramic views of the Rutherford Bench but for our spirit of hospitality!
Offers a Meet the Winemaker Tour: By Appt. Only
* Every tour is personally conducted by either the winemaker/ owner, or our estate manager.
Offers a Barrel Tasting: By Appt. Only
* Please contact us to make a special appointment for a barrel tasting. Thank you. 707-967-8027